My world war 2 poem

An abandoned toy I felt,

Shivering, waiting, hoping is what I did,

My heart felt broken,

My hopes of happiness were fading away,

Sorrow was written on our faces,

My teddy bear’s fur was a soft blanket,

The streets were cold, dirty, and lonely,

The air started to turn black,

Silence  filled the streets,

All I could hear was the thoughts in my mind,

Birds flew across our heads singing  sweetly,

There was no more booming noise,

The air was fresh at last,

The smell was a bottle of  perfume,

I smelt the air and felt relaxed  at last,

The other children and me smelt better,

I was  thinking

This entry was posted in Literacy, Topic and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to My world war 2 poem

1. Abigail says:

wow I really liked the ending of that poem well done! 🙂

2. Kylan in Hawai'i says:

I liked the word choices you used. Using those words caused emotion. I could feel the sadness and the happiness. My favorite part was the ending because it was a sigh of relief. I liked the ending because everything turned out alright. I like the style of the poem is was well written.

3. Kaili from Hawaii says:

I loved how your poem goes deep. This makes the reader have a picture in their mind. When I was reading this I felt like I was in the situation that you described. You did a great job describing how the person felt and what they saw. This is a wonderful writing piece. 🙂

4. Candace from Hawaii says:

I love how you were very discriptive of how the character in your poem felt. For example, “a lonely toy I felt” it makes me feel how alone and scared or sad the person in this poem is. I really like this piece! Keep up the good work! May I ask what kind of poem is your piece? Is this a free verse?

5. Suliasi from Hawaii says:

That must’ve been hard,living during WWII. It also sounds sad how the people recovered after the war and how the air was dirty. I think sometimes we take things for granted and don’t realize what we have.

6. Caitlin says:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I am glad you all like my poem. This is a normal poem. I am very thankful! I will write some more poems for everyone to read.
    Caitlin

7. Olivia says:

Well done caitlin you have described how you felt really well.I like the bit where it says
    Birds flew across our heads singing sweetly because it describes what the birds are doing and I also like this bit of your poem An abandoned toy I felt Shivering,waiting,hoping is what I did because you are describing hoe you felt.