World Cup Geography

Our new topic is called ‘Passport Around the World’. You will be working in small groups to find out as much as you can about a country of your choice, before presenting your findings to parents. We will be building websites, learning new languages, researching the history of countries and much more. I am really looking forward to it 🙂

Over half term, your task is to research the nation you were allocated last week. Each country will be playing in the World Cup in June and July, so it is a perfect opportunity for you to begin your research whilst also improving those geography skills.

Please remember to pin your country to the map below. You will need to sign in using your email address.

About Mr Connor

Year 5/6 Teacher and ICT Leader.

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to World Cup Geography

1. Mr Huthart says:

I hope you have plenty of fun doing your research. I will check back to see how you are doing. Your blog looks great and I hope you enjoy working on it. Good Luck from us all at Norbridge Academy in Worksop Nottinghamshire

2. Mr Huthart says:

I forgot to ask you a big question. Who do you think will win the World Cup and Why have you chosen that team?

3. Hello from th either side of the world. What do you know about New Zealand? Do we have a team in The World Cup?

4. Miss Gildert says:

Hi St Joseph’s! Your topic sounds great – I hope you have lots of fun following the countries and researching information. We are learning about Africa in Year 2 at St Nicholas in Blackpool; which African countries are in the World Cup?
    Enjoy! 🙂

5. Mrs Hull says:

Hello from SS Peter and Pauls’s in Ilford. This project sounds great. Our school is very multi-cultural and our children are dressing up in the colours of their team on the first day of the World Cup. They are also going to be writing some poetry related to the World Cup. I will check back to see how you are getting on. Good luck with it!

6. MediaShaw says:

Wow! This looks great. I teach in High School and am going to show my tutor group tomorrow 🙂 Well done

7. Alyx Gillett says:

Looking like a great project! My Y8 students are about to start looking at True Stories, I hope they are as creative as you guys!